Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pointlessly Enigmatic

Did you vote? I did last night actually.

After what’s been going onto four years of spending my time in this city, there have been three clubs that I have consistently attended: Fiction, Waiting Room and Assembly. Plain and simple every weekend and countless week nights.

The point of being a regular is that you get friendly with the service and maximize the potential each night has for the most amount of fun. It also Affords one the opportunity to make actual acquaintances and the better surprise of making the occasional friend. These things should make it simpler if you have family and friends who perform at the club on a regular bases. This idea is obviously wasted on the Assembly. The bouncers and Managers don’t care if you performed last night, no ID means no entry. That book thing really bothers me for some reason. I heard via the grape vine that one of the managers said to an artist:

“Sorry it’s just how I am, if anything shit happens I look at the black guys first.”

Here’s how you don’t get in.

Step 1:Show up with a bunch of friends and family they don’t recognize.

Step 2: Be conspicuous by not showing up to the door with anyone that would obviously be recognized.

Step 3: Get denied guest list.

From there We go to Waiting Room. Wow, it was kinda really sad. Like really, it was a really really sad night.

Nice to know, but since some of us are performing and others are supporting, where do you draw the line on how many black people you allow into your club. “So long and thanks for all the fish.” Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. So who did I vote for? Waiting Room and Fiction, I suppose. Hopefully this hasn't been pointlessly enigmatic, whatever that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment