Friday, March 2, 2012

Redman runs shit


I think one of the greatest feelings to have in my young adult life is rediscovering something I thought I knew well. Growing up I always knew that I was bigger Redman fan than I was of Method. It was probably the fact thefirst ever C.D cover of his I saw was a cartoon caricature of him. Or maybe it was him spraying cereal all over some kids in I'll Be Dat? Perhaps it was the fact that all his vidi hoes would bail in the course of the video and no one would help them. Either way I always favoured Red over Meth. He just seemed like the crustier and just had more of an all round I truly do not give a fuck attitude. Johnny Blaze though  is still one of the dopest rappers ever to touch the mic with an unfuckable flow.

Yesterday reminded why I was always a bigger Reggie Noble fan. It was a track we all had an obsession with when it dropped. Right off of Blackout Y.O.U. I mean I've listened to the joint so many times I'd thought I had it down and still allowed myself to give it to Hot Nicks even though their relay is run pretty tight. Thank you headphone's! Sweet  Jesus! Doc's run on lines, carry through rhyme scheme and content is not to be fucked with on this joint. While Meth is still smooth with his flow, the lyrical content pales in comparison to Red's.

Meth first Verse: Traces of lipstick on my collar
Baby you got to do some more to get this last dollar
Hotter than lava when you come believe that I'ma follow
Lady Madonna like the dick but she don't like to swallow
Rockin' that product, honey stay up in the beauty-polla'
Girl it would be my honour, make you my babymomma
Holler she hella proper, fuck with tha dumbin' cousin
Sucka for lovin'-buggin', shockin' them duckin' buckin'
Suckin' then finga-fuckin', then let me show you somethin'
I'll knock that stuffin' off that English muffin
Can't tell me nuthin', uhn uhn
Pushin' yo' panic button in when I'm stuckin'
All of a sudden, baby gun-duckin', BBC! Oh girl you nasty

Dope as fuck no doubt. There but his story gets lost in comparison to Red’s check this motherfucker rock his shit.

Yo' I get it on poppin'
Doc, unlockin' yo' doors, clockin' my drawers
Suckin' your mouth with a torn stockin'
Rapped around ya noggin, I'm creepin' when you parkin'
Shoot out the lights, darkening the erea, then hop in
Pick up my bigga nigga who helped me figured the plottin'
Droppin' the tops, splittin' the dough
Shoppin' in rotten--New York, birds flockin'
Because I'm heavy like Bo stockin' coat
Watch ya coat from Fo sparkin', they leave the parking
Niggaz unforgetable can be forgotten
Doc and Meth album enterin' the top ten!
Choppin' it raw, lockin' 'n blockin',
Only raw choppin' his metaphores, so cops can stop watchin'
I put 'em in and cock 'em, ready to rock 'em stock 'em
Renevate your appartment, when these two things barkin'
My Mackamichi knockin', bougie hoes be spottin' on they tampons
I get 'em dripplin like Leaky faucets
How he works the story of jacking motherfuckers to big upping his homey who helped him finger out the job to balling the cash and getting girls then workin in how they was gone and that the album is back in the charts. That shit had me twisted rewinding it over and over on the toilet seat and listening to it again. My brain would’ve melted had I figured that shit out as a young thunder thirsty.

But the joint itself has even more to it. The two are basically in competition with each other and show it in the chorus. Hollering at each other :
Now who a bitch nigga?!
(Now who a snitch nigga?!)
Now who the shit nigga?!
(Now who the sick nigga?!)
Now who you with nigga?!
(With who you with nigga?!)
Who rock shit nigga?!
(Who pop shit nigga?!)

It’s the kinda encouraging competition that makes motherfuckers wanna go harder. You can hear it in the adlibs, them encouraging each other cause of the flows and the fact that their playing a relay, and if that doesn’t satisfy the thought the Come on’s put the notion to rest. Anybody who’s played sport or at least has a competitive bone in their body and has been in a team will get it.  Anyway I just had to put that out there, now go on about your day.After the song Obviously.


No comments:

Post a Comment